No matter how expensive your swimming pool cover is, your facility might get dirty when removing it. Thus, before you remove it, you need to clean its surface dirt and water.
That is where the best pool cover pump comes in handy, and it is a must-have device for all pool owners. It can remove all the water and dirt on the cover’s surface to ensure that you uncover a clean gear.
Check out our top seven pool cover pumps for 2019 in this review.
Pool Cover Pump Top Picks and Reviews
Here are the pool cover pumps that are effective in cleaning the swimming pool protection.
1. WAYNE 57729-WYNP WAPC250 ¼ HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
WAPC250 is a device of the reputable Scott Fetzer Brand that was established in 1914 in the USA. That shows how reliable and durable this water removal pool cover pump can be.
The model is known to provide value for the money. One notable feature that makes it durable is the protection circuit that prevents the motor from being frozen or locked from a defective impeller.
Some of its significant features are:
- iSwitch Sensing Technology – What this tech does is to shut the system to ensure that the pump doesn’t get damaged by a defective operation. That means you can leave your machine to remove the water after turning it on without worrying about anything.
- Automatic On/Off – That means the system can be set to activate when there is water on your pool cover and go off when the surface gets drained.
- Strainer Base – It is one of the best features of the device as it helps to remove dirt and prevent the possibility of the pump clogging.
- 25 Feet Power Cord – That enables you to place the pump on your pool cover even when the power source is not near the pool.
Other features include oil-free pump, 300 GPH flow rate, 1¼ drain hose, energy-efficient, and sealed thermoplastic construction.
- Three years warranty
- A durable machine
- Easy to use
- More expensive than most pumps
2. Blue Torrent Pumps 2019 Pumps Away Swimming Pool Cover Pump
Blue Torrent Pumps made this pool cover pump to provide you with the active pumping that you have always wanted when opening your pool. One thing you should note is that it comes with extra foam pad that makes it safe to use.
You can easily connect it to your garden hose to remove all the water on the surface of your pool cover. And it is a model that was made to allow you to submerge it in the water and still provide excellent service.
Here is a summary of its features:
- Hooks to Garden Hose – That means you don’t need to waste your money buying special hoses for connecting to the machine. Besides, you can easily connect to your tubes.
- UL Rated for Your Protection – You can have peace of mind knowing that you have a safety device that can pump out the water without causing any damage. There is no possibility of fire or other accident arising when cleaning your cover.
- Three years Warranty – What a warranty does is to give you confidence in the product knowing that you are covered in case of any problem.
There are also other great features of the model, such as 350 GPH manual pool cover pump, submersible design for pools, covers, and more, and other functions.
- Protective UL rating
- Submersible design
- Easily remove all the water
- Can easily break down
3. Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump
If you want to buy an auto pool cover pump from a company you can trust, then you should try the Little Giant APCP-1700. The machine operates on what is called the Integrated Float Switch Technology.
That technology automates all the process of the device to leave your hands free of any task. And the best part is that you can submerge this pool cover pump into the water, and it will run effectively.
It also has some other great features such as:
- Removable Intake Screen – Its intake screen is easy to remove, making it an excellent machine when it comes to maintenance and cleaning. You can clean it within minutes.
- Comes with a Handle – There is also a handle that built in the machine to make it easier to carry from one location to the other. What that means is you get an easy time when removing or placing your pump on the cover.
- Garden Hose Adaptor – The adapter makes it possible for you to connect the device to your garden hose, instead of buying other hoses.
- 25 Feet Power Cord – You can be sure that your unit can reach your swimming pool with ease even if you don’t have a power source around the pool.
Those are just the standard features of the cover pump. Other specifications are 1745 GPH, side discharge for effective removal, automatic operation, and affordable price to give you value for the money.
- Removable intake screen
- Works automatically
- Built-in handle
- Problems when cleaning
4. Little Giant PCP550 14942702 Pool Cover Pump
The Little Giant PCP550 is a cover pump that removes about 550 GPH of water and has a removable intake screen. You can easily connect it to your garden hose using the 3/4 -inch connection section to throw the water away from your pool.
It quickly gets rid of stagnant water on your pool cover, and you can use it for other purposes. You can easily install the machine without needing any professional help.
Besides, it comes with some fantastic features like:
- 25 Feet Cord – That is a power cord that can let you take your pool cover pump out while it is connected to an indoor power source. You don’t need a battery to run the machine, and you can be sure of getting consistent power supply.
- Thermoplastic Pump – What that means is that you can remove the screen to have an easy time when cleaning your machine.
- Protect Pool Cover – It also helps you to protect your pool cover from an accumulation of rainwater, and you can use it for winter to remove melting snow.
- Two Years Warranty – You can get free service if your machine breakdown before two years is over. There is also a 30 days money guaranteed offer.
It is one of the best pool cover pumps you can get on the market today. The above features confirm it is a useful model.
- Removable intake screen
- 25 feet power cord
- Two years warranty
- Comes in one color
5. Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Pool Cover Pump
The auto pool cover pump, Little Giant 5-APCP, comes with an on and off feature that makes it easy to operate. It activates when there is water on your cover, guaranteeing you a dry surface.
That means it goes on when the water level reaches 3.25 inches and shuts when it goes below 1.75 inches. The model comes with a 1/6HP motor than can remove a maximum of 1200 GPH.
Moreover, the pool cover pump is famous for other features like:
- Safe-Guarding Your Pool Cover – That is all possible since it is an on/off auto machine. There is no possibility of a lot of water getting logged on the top of your swimming pool cover.
- Submersible Pump – You can operate the pump manually or leave it to function automatically, whether submerged or on water surface.
- Garden Hose Adaptor – It is a great feature that lets you connect your device to your garden hose and save you time and money.
- Two Years Warranty – We all want products with warranties, and that is what you get when you choose this pool cover pump.
The model also has other dozens of features like CSA listed, 25-foot cord, 1200 GPH, and others.
- Long power cord
- Removable stabilizing plate
- Works manually or automatically
- Still leaves lots of water
6. Rule Replacement Strainer Base f/Pool Cover Pump
Rule Replacement Strainer Base f/Pool Cover Pump is a tool that you can use to replace the worn-out base of your pump. It can easily connect to most cover pumps on the market today, making it a versatile product.
With this gear, you can protect your pump from debris and leaves that can easily clog it and make it ineffective. It comes with a broad base that gives it the stability you want to avoid tipping over.
Besides, it holds the pump uptight to ensure the correct working of your machine.
- Versatile model
- Effective gear
- Traps leaves and dirt
- A replacement strainer base
7. Ocean Blue 195091 Electric Winter Pool Cover Pump
The 195091 Electric Winter Pool Cover Pump is a model from Ocean Blue and is recommended for winter. That is all possible since it can remain submerged in water and is free of clogging.
With this gear, you can be confident of getting rid of 350 GPH, to leave you swimming pool cover protected. There is also a mesh filter that is easy to clean and reusable.
Other features of the model that you should note are:
- 25 Feet Cord – The cord allows for convenient plugin and ensures that you connect it from a further distance.
- Versatile Design – Its design comes in handy to ensure that no water can settle on top of your pool cover.
- All Pools – Another great thing about this cover pump is that you can use it for above ground, inground, and even spa. That means you get rid of water from all your facilities.
- Garden Hose Fitting – You don’t need to buy expensive hoses to connect to the machine to be sure it will get rid of the water.
The model is also affordable and comes with all the tools you would need to get started. Besides, it doesn’t require much when maintaining it.
- Single movable part
- For all pools
- Very affordable
- Suction is not effective
Pool Cover Pump Buying Guide
What is the best pool cover pump? Here are some essential things that you should consider when buying your cover pump.
- Operation Mode – Most of these machines provide automatic and manual operation. Each mode has its unique process and it makes sense to buy a device that accepts the two settings.
- Flow Rate – You should consider the size of the pool cover before you buy a pump. Then you can choose a motor that can provide the required flow rate.
- Longevity – There are both expensive and cheap pool cover pumps on the market today. A model with thermoplastic construction lasts longer as it provides resistance to water.
Other features that can make your machine to be more productive.
- Debris collector – Some units come with a stabilizing or sturdy base or plate that works as a dirt collector to give protection to your pump.
- Long power cord – It lets you connect your machine in the nearest power source without having to buy additional cables.
- Submersible – Such a feature is ideal for emergency water recovering situation. You can get a submersible or underwater pool cover pool – like the ones in our review.
Which Pool Cover Pump Should I Get?
Since we all have different needs, there is no single pump that can be said to be the best for all people. Sadly, we try to get the least expensive model thinking that we can get value for the money.
It is, therefore, advisable to determine what you need and the features that can make your work easier. Then from there you can set a budget and begin your search for your best pump for removing water from the cover.
You need to cover your swimming pool during the winter and when there is rainfall. However, that water can quickly settle on the cover and carry with it dirt that can eventually end up inside your pool.
The best pool cover pump safely removes the water and makes your cover to remain dry. That means there is no possibility of your pool getting dirty.